Managed Virtual Servers
Our engineering team at Swift Systems guides you through the process of leveraging business virtualization technology to ensure you avoid configuration pitfalls that may increase the impact of a single server failure.
At a high level, virtualization offers faster and more cost-effective deployment of new applications, as well as basic redundancy. Used to its fullest capacity, server virtualization provides automated failover and fault tolerance, significant scalability, simplified backups, faster recovery, performance optimization, and multi-site disaster recovery capabilities.
With extensive expertise in hardware virtualization solutions from Microsoft and VMware, and software virtualization technologies such as Parallels and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) solutions, we have the toolbox to build customized virtual platforms for Maryland businesses and organizations.
Benefits of Managed Virtual Servers
- Cost reduction: Most businesses run heavy on IT expenditure and want to cut costs, if and where possible. Virtual servers allow you to remove expenses for the infrastructure required to install and maintain physical servers at the workplace.
- Better utilization and increased productivity: With physical servers, you utilize only 5 to 15 percent of the space in every server, as opposed to a whopping 80 percent utilization of space with virtual servers. This effective use of space, and the overall increase in productivity, make virtualization a much stronger option well worth researching.
- Increased efficiency: With virtual servers, you have fewer physical servers in your workplace, which makes it easy for you to work while also increasing your efficiency. The extra advantage of decreased power consumption also adds to the reduction in the overall cost required for running your business. With fewer physical servers, you can utilize the space in a more effective way to ensure better business.
- Server deployment is faster: Another benefit of a virtual server is the increased speed of deployment. As these servers are standardized, you can easily replicate them and ensure a faster and more efficient IT department to meet your business needs.
- Less downtime: Lastly, you can now stop worrying about extended periods of downtime, as virtual servers have more effective methods of backup and recovery, which can have them up and functioning again within minutes.
Managed virtual servers can help your business, and we’re here to help you.
In today’s world, managed virtual servers allow businesses to save time and money. That’s why we’re here. If you have questions about virtual servers, or if you’re interested in adding the service to your business, be sure to contact us and we will be happy to help you.