We’re Hiring! Operations/Purchasing Specialist
COMPANY: Swift Systems is a full-service IT engineering and services firm focused on the delivery of managed IT services. Our infrastructure and systems management offerings deliver predictable costs, reliable performance. We help organizations resolve business challenges by successfully leveraging their strategic IT investments. We deliver enterprise grade technology services to businesses, government agencies, and institutions throughout the Maryland Metro in addition to the surrounding area.
As our Purchasing / Operations Specialist, you will work with our sales and engineering teams to define and procure hardware and software. Research costs, negotiate pricing, and manage vendors. Reporting to the COO, you will be a valued team member within an ever-expanding organization on the cutting edge of technology.
- Help the sales team determine costs for proposals.
- Help the engineering team determine costs for small ad-hoc purchases.
- Negotiate pricing from vendors.
- Promote a smooth delivery system for products and services going to clients.
- Manage vendors to ensure on-time and correct delivery.
- Coordinate with engineering to deliver purchased items.
- Manage software/hardware license and service renewals.
- Asset Management – track physical and digital assets.
- Maintain contact data in CRM database.
- Assist with process improvement, special projects, document preparation, meeting coordination, and other administrative functions.
- 5+ years of administrative experience including 2+ years of procurement experience, preferably in a technology-related industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, while effectively balancing work flow.
- Experience with CRM and/or task management systems helpful.
- Competent use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint with good keyboard skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Swift Systems will reward your talents with a salary of $50-$65K based on your experience. You will also receive an attractive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. We provide a double-match into your health savings account, and a 401(k) retirement plan, and a generous PTO plan.
If you enjoy providing operational excellence, and you want to work with a successful, growing team of talented and friendly people, email your resume to email@example.com and reference position OS125.